Caribbean Shrimp Bruschetta
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5-6 min
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Ingredients (use organic ingredients where available):
- 1/2 pound deveined and cooked shrimp, tails removed and meat chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Salt-Free Caribbean Citrus Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced pineapple, drained if canned
- 1/2 baguette French bread (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, onions, lemon juice, Citrus Seasoning, tomatoes and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Slice bread into 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices and place on baking sheet. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, until bread is slightly golden.
Spoon shrimp mixture onto bread slices and serve.
Add diced yellow and red bell pepper to the bruschetta mixture.
As prepared, each serving contains 240 calories, 4.5g total fat, 120mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 32g total carbohydrate and 19g protein.