Coffee and Spice Lamb Kebabs
Prep Time: 15-20 min
Cook Time: 6-10 min
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Servings: Makes 20 to 24 kebobs
Ingredients (use organic ingredients where available):
Coffee and Spice Rub:
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 20 to 24 wooden or metal skewers
- Lemon Mint Rice
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for Coffee and Spice Rub. Add the cubed lamb pieces and toss well. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes. Thread 2 or 3 pieces of lamb onto the skewers. Place in a roasting pan or prepare an outdoor grill. Roast in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or grill over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Lamb should be pink in center, not overcooked. Serve over Lemon Mint Rice.
As prepared, each serving contains 140 calories, 12g total fat, 35mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 1g total carbohydrate and 8g protein.