Removing Dry And Dark Skin On Your Neck, Elbows, Knees And Underarms
Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition characterized by a brown to black, poorly defined, velvety hyper-pigmentation of the skin, which usually occurs in body areas such as the neck, the armpits, groin, navel, forehead and others. T
he most common risk factors for this skin conditions are: obesity, race and family history. Other factors that lead to skin pigmentation are: great exposure to direct sunlight, and insufficient care.
This common skin problem causes embarrassment among people, but you shouldn’t be worried anymore, because we have few natural remedies to offer that will help you remove dry and dark skin on your elbows, knees and underarms.
The greatest natural remedies for dark skin patches on the neck
- Baking soda is simple, yet extremely effective in skin exfoliation. It can gradually cleanse your skin and lighten dark skin patches.
- Mix baking soda and water to get a thick paste to remove dark skin around your neck.
- Combine 3 parts of baking soda and 1 part of water in order to get the right consistency.
- Apply the paste on your neck area, leave it to dry for few minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Do the treatment twice a week.
- Potatoes contain catecholase, a crystalline compound that work wonders when it comes to skin lightening.
- Apply a fresh potato juice on your neck. Allow it to do its magic for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- You can also apply a mixture of lemon and potato juice for the same purpose, as well as for treating dark spots in acne prone skin.
- Thanks to its anti-cancer agents and other mighty compounds, Aloe Vera helps in skin lightening, balancing skin tones and skin renewing. It is the best natural remedy for dark elbows and knees.
- Apply some fresh Aloe Vera gel on the affected area, gently rub it, let it stay for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Repeat the treatment every day.
Rich content of vitamins and fatty acids make milk one of the most amazing remedies for lightening the skin under armpits.
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp flour
Mix all the ingredients together to obtain a thick, paste-like mixture. Apply the mixture under your arms, allow it to work for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Lemons are natural peeling agents and their rich vitamin C content helps in removing dead skin cells, improve skin regeneration and promote a healthy skin complexion.
- Massage your elbows and knees for couple of minutes with a fresh lemon juice, allow it to work for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. At the end, apply some of your regular moisturizer.
- You can combine lemon juice of one lemon and a tablespoon of honey and use the remedy in the same way.
Homemade sugar scrubs do miracles for the skin on your knees and elbows.
- Prepare a mixture of equal amounts of sugar and olive oil, apply the resulting mixture on the affected area and gently rub it with circular movements.
- Wash if off after 5 minutes with mild cleanser and warm water. Repeat the treatment every day and you will notice how your skin around knees and elbows is significantly lighten.
- Almond and almond oil help in maintaining great skin health thanks to their powerful skin-nourishing effects.
- Apply a mixture of 1-2 tablespoons of ground almonds and yogurt onto your elbows and knees.
- Wait for the mask to slightly dry, then massage it into your skin with wet fingers.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do the treatment once or twice a day, before bedtime, for several weeks.
Try these efficient homemade remedies to lighten your armpit skin
- Cucumber is extremely effective in skin moisturizing and preventing irritations. You should combine it with lemon juice to strengthen the effect of skin lightening.
- This three mighty ingredients mix will take care of your skin better than any other skin product. Mix turmeric, lime and cucumber to eliminate dead skin cells, to refresh the skin and to reduce spots.
- You can also apply a few slices of cucumber under your arms to lighten your skin for a few days.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- a pinch of turmeric
Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a silky smooth mask. Apply it onto your armpits, and wash off after an hour.
Apply it every day for 2 weeks to lighten the skin under your arms When you get the results you desire, use it twice a week as a prevention measurement.