13 Home remedies for Acne
Acne (or Furunculosis) is an inflammation of the milk glands and the follicles.
Acne usually appears during adolescence as the result of a bad reaction to testosterone. The body’s reaction to the hormone usually stabilizes over time and the symptoms associated with acne disappear or become far less visible.
Home remedies for Acne
- Prepare equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water. Mix it well and swab the mixture on your skin with cotton for half an hour. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat the treatment after 15 to 20 days of application.
- Add essence of apple vinegar to a bowl of cold water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the fumes.
- Cook rolled oats and place it on your face for 15 minutes. Rinse well.
- A daily dose of 30 milligrams of zinc can help reduce acne due to its effect on the body’s hormones.
- Boil two cups of water with one tablespoon of dried basil leaves. Let it steep for fifteen minutes. Strain and chill it for two hours. Wash your face with it at least twice a day.
- Get half teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix it with honey to make a paste. Generously apply this on your acne and leave it on for twenty minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Get freshly squeezed tomato juice and use this to wash your face. Concentrate on problem areas. Leave it on for an hour and rinse well with water.
- Create some green tea ice cubes and rub it on your acne at least three times a day. A perfect natural astringent that can leave your skin smooth and rejuvenated.
- Pound (you can use a meat pounder) at least a teaspoon of orange zest. Add a little water to the peel and pound it for ten seconds. Apply it to your zit and leave it on for ten minutes. Rinse.
- Get a clove of garlic, peel it, and make it into a pulp using a fork. Apply it to the blemish area and let it dry for twenty minutes. Rinse well.
- Combine a teaspoon of rosewater and half teaspoon of lemon juice. Generously apply it to your acne by swabbing it with a cotton ball. Let it dry.
- Before sleeping, put some honey on your zit and cover it with band aid. Remove it the next morning and rinse thoroughly.
- Mush some fresh cabbage leaves and apply it to your acne. Leave it for thirty minutes and wash thoroughly.