Home remedies to improve eyesight
The most common factors that contribute to eyesight weakness are: genetics, poor nutrition, aging process and excessive strain on the eye. The most common conditions related to weak eyesight are: nearsightedness (called myopia) and farsightedness (called hyperopia).
Eyesight weakness is associated with unpleasant symptoms which include:
- sore or irritated eyes
- difficulty focusing
- blurred vision
- dry or watery eyes
- increased sensitivity to light
- neck, shoulder or back pain
For accurate diagnosis and proper treatment please see a doctor. At some points, severe problems such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts and optic neuropathy can lead to eye problems.
When it comes to eyesight weakness correction, doctors prescribed glasses or lenses, and in some cases surgery.
But now you will be amazed to find out that there are natural home remedies which can improve your eyesight.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for weak eyesight.
- Eye Exercises
Weak muscles of eye can cause eyesight problems but with certain eye exercises you can make eyes more flexible and maintain optimal vision by boosting energy and blood flow to the eyes.
Performing these eye exercises regularly will help you prevent eye strain and enhance focus and concentration.
Here are few exercises to improve your eyesight:
- Take a pencil and hold it in width of your arm.
- Bring it slowly to your nose
- Move it far from your vision until it becomes difficult to keep the focus on it
- Repeat this exercise 10 times a day
Roll your eyes in a direction of clockwise for few seconds
Roll your eyes in direction counter clockwise also for few seconds
Repeat this 4-5 times while blinking with your eyes in each set.
- Try fluttering your eyelids and blinking with your eyelids 20-30 times but don’t squeeze your eyes shut.
- Repeat these exercise for several times and then close your eyes and allow them to rest.
- Perform this 2 times a day
Try to focus your vision on a faraway object for some time. For instance, looking at the moon is recommendable since it cannot strain your eyes.
Do this exercise regularly for several months in a row for better results.
- Sunning and palming
Sunning and palming are considered as one of the most efficient methods that help in reactivating and relaxing your eyes. Sunning provides an integral improvement in your eyesight due to the sun’s healing properties and palming provides abilities of relaxation of your eyes and is essential for your eye health.
According Chinese culture, sun provides vital energy to your body which is essential for your overall health.
Sunning– Close your eyelids while breathing deeply and let the sun shines directly on your eyelids. Perform this once a day for few minutes.
Palming- Rub your palms together to create heat. Close your eyes and gently cup your palms over them without pressuring your eyes. Do this several times a day. Make sure your eyes are completely covered so there is no trace of light and visualize an enjoyable scene.
3. Acupressure/ Acupuncture
According traditional Chinese medicine, there is a strong correlation between eye diseases and liver and kidneys diseases. Around the orbits of the eyes are located certain acupressure/ acupuncture points, which are the bones surrounding the eyeballs.
Gently massage these acupressure/ acupuncture points for 10 seconds. Do this several times. Pregnant women before trying this therapy first should consult a trained acupuncturist. Do not massage areas with scars, burns or infection.
Another effective acupuncture method is walking with your bare foot on grass in the morning dew since it works on activation of nerve fibers connected to your feet. One well-known fact: Green color of grass helps soothing your eyes.
- Ginkgo Biloba
- improves eye blood flow circulation
- improves your vision protecting against problems such as glaucoma and macular degeneration
- beneficial for retinopathy patients
- relieve anxiety
- beneficial for dementia and Alzheimer’s suffers since it improves memory and thinking
Take 120-mg standardized ginkgo biloba capsules once a day in two or three divided doses.
Warning: It is not recommended for children and diabetes sufferers before taking this herb should consult a doctor.
- highly efficient herb in improving eyesight and eye health
- improves night vision by stimulating the visual purple component regeneration of the retina
- protects against eye problems like macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts,
- beneficial for retinal problems linked to diseases or high blood pressure due to the content of anthocyanoside known by its amazing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is advisable to take 160 mg of bilberry extract (with 25 percent anthocyanidin) twice a day for several times a week.
Warning: Consult your doctor before taking this herb since it may interact with other herbs or medicines.