Traditional Medicine For Varicose Veins and Capillaries
Varicose veins occur as a result of poor circulation and workloads of blood vessels, and if they are not treated in time, it may lead to severe diseases and thrombosis. Nature offers many medications that can alleviate and prevent varicose veins.
Pumpkin heals varicose veins
The remedy for tired legs and varicose veins is pumpkin. Grate a piece of fresh pumpkin and apply the mixture on the affected areas. The effects are visible after the first treatment.
Marigold (Calendula of ficinalis)
This plant is useful for varicose veins. Put the compress of this plant externally as a treatment for this disease. The flower of this plant is also useful and is used externally as a compress, because is an excellent remedy against each skin inflammation.
Marigold Ointment for varicose veins
Two handfuls of marigold (flowers, stems and leaves) are chopped into small pieces. Heat 500 gr. lard and add the marigold in the hot molten fat. Leave it to boil briefly and then move the pot from the fire.
The next day, heat the mixture until it becomes liquid so you can strain it and to remove the pieces of marigold.
Keep the prepared ointment in a jar or other proper container and moisten the affected areas several times a day.
Fresh vegetable juices, especially the juice of carrot in combination with juice of spinach has shown as useful in the treatment for this disease. Mix 300ml of carrot juice and 200ml of spinach juice.
Horse chestnut is very efficient remedy for varicose veins, i.e. visibly reduces the dilation of veins, pain, fatigue and swelling of the legs. It reduces inflammation and strengthens the bloodstream, and also the swelling of legs and reduces the spasms. Due to its healing properties in folk medicine is used for preparing unguent for leg pain and varicose veins and it is recommended for everyday use.
Apple cider vinegar
Massage with apple cider vinegar and its consumption simultaneously, help in varicose veins. Every morning and evening massage the affected areas gently with apple cider vinegar. Do not push, but rub the vinegar gently. Simultaneously, drink a glass of lukewarm water with 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar. You should use this treatment for a month as you can feel the effects.
Wearing elastic socks is also useful as a preventive measurement, but also as a therapy for varicose veins when surgery is not necessary.
Advices: How to prevent the progression of the disease?
- Keep your bodily weight in recommended frameworks with your height, age and general state of your organism
- Consume food rich in fibers
- Do not consume salty food
- Avoid sitting or standing for a long period, but if you have to, take a walk or do some exercises occasionally, for example circular motion with your feet, few steps, or repeatedly lift on your fingertips
- Do not sit cross-legged
- Lift your legs whenever you can. While sitting, put them on another chair or pillow, to facilitate the return of blood towards the heart.
- Walk at least half an hour during the day to improve circulation
- Sleep on the left side, put a pillow behind your back and lift your legs with another pillow.
- Avoid wearing high heels and tight clothes in legs area.
- Avoid solarium, sauna and hot tabs. The heat cause varicose veins.
- Cold showers helps in regulation of the proper circulation
- Drink sufficient drinks, primarily mineral water, natural juices and tea